Hi,

This might not be the right place to ask this, but I've searched high and low and can't find any similar questions on the forums... (There's probably a reason for that)

I was recently approached by a friend who's a photographer, and he's wanting us to print and cut 5x7 photos for his clients. He thought we might be able to do it, since we're currently doing gallery wrapped canvases with our VS540I. 

So my questions are:

1. What type of paper is best to use for a 5x7" application that would be closest to a Kodak type photo?

2. Are there certain things I need to keep in mind when printing high quality at small sizes?

3. What's the best way to trim them down from the sheet? (I've seen mentions of Fotoba cutters, but can't find much info on how to get one and how much money they are? I'm guessing mucho $$$)

4. Is this even worth doing or should I tell him we can't? I wouldn't mind investing in a xy cutter because we also do decals that are a pain to hand cut into squares, but not if it's going to be crazy expsnive!

Thanks for any help!!

Views: 50

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you do not want expensive then forget Fotoba cutters, even those that cut just x are expensive. The project can be done very easily with a photo grade media and plenty are out there. The issue is the cutting and therefore in my opinion not worth it. There will be a lot of waste and time involved. If you were to do it, I would set the machine to cut one row at a time so the additional cuts would be easier to manage. The printing for small is the same as printing for large. When I do 2.25 buttons I do a contour cut and a perf cut - will not work for you since you need a clean edge.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Steven Jackson - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service