A Digital Printing Network
Note: this is the same post as on the Blogs just moved it to here for more visibility.
I have an SP300V, using Roland Eco-Sol Max inks.
I've been experiencing random "white spots" (see attached photo) in printed red areas only. Any ideas why? Or what I need to do to fix this issue? I have manually cleaned the machine several times and run the cleaning function from the control panel 3 or four times but didn't solve the problem.
Humidity in my shop has been mentioned, I run AC and a dehumidifier and not certain why humidity would only effect "red".
Thanks in advance!
Thanks to all who helped solve this issue, Very much appreciated. Printer is up and running "spot" free again.
what was the final solution? It may help another user in the future who searches and comes up with this post.
Hello Dan, Just out of curiosity.... what was the final solution this problem you were experiencing?
Think it was a combination of several different things. I slowly and methodically kept replacing / cleaning until issue went away. In the order in which I did things (after each numbered step I ran a test print).
2) "medium cleaning" (from front panel)
3) replaced wipers, scraper and upper sponge pad.
4) replaced magenta cartridge (thinking because it was color specific)
5) general cleaning again (problem less noticable but still there)
6) ran out of Arlon DPF GTX4560 (3ml calendared vinyl that I was using) so replaced with Print Rite PRMM6V Matte calendared vinyl. Ran same print and it printed perfect (approx print size was 28" x 28").
7) bought a new roll of Arlon DPF GTX4560, printed and print was bad, even worse than before.
8) general cleaning again,
9) changed lower sponge pad,
10) did a front panel "power clean"
12) print started off poor quality but eventually started printing OK.
At the end of a couple of days of experimenting I really don't know which of the above steps solved the problem but happy that I' m back up and running!