I'm trying to perform a feed adjustment. There is a gap between the boxes in my test print. The gap barely changes between -2. and 2. I did change the setting in versa works to use printer settings but it hasn't made a difference. Any suggestions??

Views: 39

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

you should be using the print calibration in the printer user menu and are you pressing enter to save it after adjusting the value.

other things that cause poor test prints. rubber on the pinch wheel de-laminating - leaving the media on a hot bed for too long before test and probably a load more.

why have you found it necessary to alter it.?

I am trying to print very small lettering and they are not clear so I'm trying anything to clear them up and am not able to make this adjustment. I am using the printer menu but read versaworks can override the printer in this test.

Agree with all Chris wrote. Look in the manual, if you do not have, for the V model it should be in the download section.

Do the test, no gaps; no overlaps is the correct look you looking for. Save your change. 

Never use printer settings, you want media settings for all three options.

You are saying what you are trying to do, without stating the issue you are trying to solve, which might not be the calibration.

I am trying to print very small lettering and they are not clear so I'm trying anything to clear them up and am not able to make this adjustment.

I do have the manual and have done the test and no matter what the setting is, there is a gap. 

I'm not sure on what you mean by the media settings and not the printer settings.

You are wanting us to imagine what you are seeing!

So my first imagine envision a space (calibration) you say no change

So my second imagine envision a double image - bi-direction setting

So my thoughts - post a picture

break

when you use printer settings - the temps, feed, vacuum are what ever your printer is set to - not the best for various media

When you use default media settings - machine adjusts to the profile used and is better for the media 

Find those on the VW printer tab

RSS

© 2019   Created by Steven Jackson - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service