Can anyone help me or knows the answer to this. I design on flexi and print in versaworks. And I had a client send me her art work in a pdf. And it looked fine on flexi and when I put the cut line around it and went to go print. The white areas look like pink got dropped down. An this happens a lot when I have anything white on an image. You can see what I am talking about in the pictures I included. 

Thank you 

Views: 156

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Could you send the original file?

Thank you for your comment. But I contacted Roland DGA and spoke with the technical support and the guy on representative phone sent me some articles. And the first one I read and tried fixed the issue. It was in my settings in color management I had mine set wrong. 

Hi Austin, 

It seems to me like you have magenta overspray. If you look at the images, it's only where the white and the charcoal colors meet on the scan axis and not on the feed axis. A simple head alignment might do the trick? Not sure though, just to check, maybe import the pdf into corel/illustrator and export as .eps or .jpg before ripping in versaworks. 

Also, it might not be a file format issue at all since you stated that it happens a lot when printing anything white on an image. This could be a reasonably easy fix. The magenta head could have moved a bit after a head strike offsetting your magenta colours by a mm or so. I had a similar issue with my Y head. 

Once again, as a diagnostic check, lower your head height - (the little white lever on the left side of the printhead) and set your quality setting to uni direction high quality. if the problem disappears or is less intense you know where to start looking. 

*my 2cents. 

Thank you for your comment. But I contacted Roland DGA and spoke with the technical support and the guy on representative phone sent me some articles. And the first one I read and tried fixed the issue. It was in my settings in color management I had mine set wrong. 

In those white areas is there a color white or are they blank?

Should say which article to help other users, who are experiencing the same issue.

I just posted an update in the forum on how I fixed the issue I had. Hopefully by doing this it will improve my work in the future.

TY

please let everyone know what the article is and how they might be able to fix the issue for themselves in the future

I just posted an update in the forum on how I fixed the issue I had. Hopefully by doing this it will improve my work in the future.

Hey guys so I found the solution to my problem In one of the tips Roland gave me.

They said:

Generally to improve color accuracy (including greys), please change the VersaWorks Color Management setting to help with this issue.  To access that option, launch VersaWorks, click on “Edit > Queue A Settings”.  In the window that appears, click on the “Quality” button, and look at the Color Management drop down list of options.  Click on “Density Control Only” and finally, click the “OK” button to save the change.  Print the job again.

Also, be sure the artwork is saved as an RGB color images, not CMYK.  If saved as CMYK, the desired colors will not print correctly.

This is what worked for me. I hope this can help anyone out if they come across this fourm.

Thank you

RSS

© 2018   Created by Steven Jackson - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service