Please does anyone have an idea what might be causing this? Nozzle test is good, feed calibration is good. Encoder strip is wiped clean. Head is set to low. Bidirectional alignment is good. I don't have a profile installed for the media though. I currently use GCVP or vinyl 1. The media is macpoly 929p

Thanks
Mike

Views: 325

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Irving,
So I did A nozzle check some days ago and the result is attached. I noticed that the 7th channel which is supposed to have the cleaning cartridge is spray out traces of bits of cyan. I then broke an empty cleaning cartridge and the remaining liquids had a cyan tint to it. Might this be the issue?
Nozzle test
Attachments:
Hello Todd and Irving

It has worked eventually. Just under the power board on the right side of the machine there is a round disk about the size of a DVD plate that extends as part of the grit roller. All I did was clean the spilled ink I found on it and it worked. Now I can sleep happily.

Thanks guys..

yes, that round disk is the grit encoder. That's what I was asking you to clean...

glad you got it working!

Hello Todd,

Unfortunately,  My idea of cleaning the grit roller was the visible bar that runs underneath the pinch rollers. I didn't know it had a hidden part underneath the right side covers that controls it.  I guess we all learn one day. lol

What was in that channel before, was it always a cleaning cart. 

Since that channel is not used then it is not an issue, since it is not used to make your colors.

Thanks Irving. That's the latest print.
Attachments:

Is that eco-solvent media

Is that printed at uni direction or bi-direction

It is ecosolvent media on bidirectional. unidirectional also gives similar issue. I have only tried one media. Could it be media related. One quick question. Does the nib remain under the capping station?

Not sure what you mean by nib - under the cap - you have 2 hoses and the third nipple is capped. 

Try a different media. It seems as if it is skipping - you stated you cleaned the grit roller which covers the media movement. You will need to have a tech or look at the voltage coming out of the various boards for the only other thing is electrical.

That is too funny Mike, for weeks now Todd and I was pointing you to that area where you had ink all over. The grit roller controls the feed and that was the place to look first, before moving to a board or motor. Happy CAMMing!

Hello Irving,

Unfortunately,  My idea of cleaning the grit roller was the visible bar that runs underneath the pinch rollers. I didn't know it had a hidden part underneath the right side covers that controls it.  I guess we all learn one day. lol

RSS

© 2018   Created by Steven Jackson - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service