Recently both my printers, VS540i and VP540i have been randomly stopping while in the middle of a print or cut job. The message on the printer says "now processing". In Versaworks it says "printing". There are times when I cant even start printing. If I turn the printers on and off then it will print but once again but will stop mid to half way through. There is communication between the software and printers because I can "get media width". I have been using the same set-up for a long time and have had no issues until now. Printers are connected through Ethernet cable and a switch. I have replaced both. I have uninstalled virus software and reinstalled versaworks (all up to date).

Hopefully someone can help! 

Views: 3737

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And I too have recently (since installing firmware upgrade) have begun experiencing this same issue on an XC-540.

As mentioned in this, and other forum threads, it's random. Somedays I'll have no problems running hours of unattended printing, but at other times... at various points in a run, it stops and versa works claims disconnected. I change the IP manually constantly throughout the day and now have PC isolated from all other networks (sneaker net with flash drives to move files), core system operation only (no other softwares running)... nothing resolves the intermittent nature of this issue.

I've noticed there seems to be no issues when doing cutting only on the machine, so might this be encoding issue only?

Roland (because its a deprecated machine) has been of no assistance whatsoever.

Spoke too much to this issue. I do not answer chats, emails, FB messages, or DMs - I do answer posts when I can. 

So search for now processing posts. Also if you are running your prints from a thumb drive - a big no no. Move the file to the hard drive.

So if this issue has been spoken of so often, is there a fix? It seems from what I've read that although the issues seem network related, I've (and many others have) removed any network related issues out of the equation; It appeared after a firmware upgrade and the coincidental nature of this kinda precludes it being motherboard issues.

And no, I use thumb drives to move files onto the PCs hard drive from outside its own direct to device crossover cabled network.

Use this ip 169.254.0.100 on printer and VW set subnet to 255.255.0.0 run a job a let me know at what point it crashes

no antivirus, no screen saver, no power saver

Irv, so I now have this issue. I see the last post about it was yours in March. Do you have any current data on the issue? 

Hi guys having the exact same issue on a VP 300 - IP address has been increased by 50 , stopped running it over the wifi but still its stopping and saying now processing. Anyone found a resolve to this ? 

Mine was the power save on my laptop 

out of interest are these win10 opp systems probably after a update ??

I am windows 10- been a while since update, but this has been happening for a while

RSS

© 2020   Created by Steven Jackson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service