Hello.  I have a VS 640 and have had it for just over 3 years.  It has printed beautifully for me for that length of time, however, starting yesterday, I've been having print problems.

I printed a test print and the test print looked beautiful...however it was missing an entire row of magenta.  My machine is pretty clean and I usually stay on top of cleaning it.  I performed a normal clean, and there was no change in the test print.

I then did a maintenance cleaning, and cleaned the print head, still no change in the test print.  I did a powerful clean to see if it would help, and after that, one of the cyan columns all but disappeared, too, with the black having a lot of drop outs in it also.

Is this a print head problem?  About two weeks ago, I had a head strike, but it finished the job and completed other jobs with no issues. 

I've attached a picture of my test prints. 

Any help here would be appreciated. 

Thanks.

Constantine

Views: 503

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes those drops will recover over time. The new top will apply the appropriate pressure to clear them. You should be able to print normal - if you happen to see some banding - then for a few jobs do high quality instead of wasting ink on cleanings. 

As for the ledge - a very comfortable position for me - so I usually talk folks down so I can be by myself. Happy Camming!

Remember to throw out the other two captops and to keep a spare - some thing you just can't recover.

Yep, the other two are in the trash already.  Thanks for your time and patience, I appreciate it.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Steven Jackson - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service