Hey Guys,

Would just like some input as to what you may think is the cause to the below.

When doing a manual clean the print head drips ink and sometimes when printing it will gradually build up on the media clamps.

I had a tech come out 4 times and they dont know what the issue is, on the last visit they said its because the head is scratched (its a new head that is 6 months old) and there are no visible scratches. Test print is also 100%.

The colours mainly leaking are magenta and black and sometimes cyan.

Will appreciated any input as to what the problem could be

Thanks

Views: 74

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No nozzle test

What is your ink configuration 

Last time you changed captop

Thinking things to check::

Busted damper ink building in the well and dripping

Slow top drainage 

Other issue - clean your pinch rollers to get better tracking

Thanks for the reply @irving donaldson.

Nozzle test below.

What is your ink configuration : CCMMYYKK

Last time you changed captop : Printer was purchased refurbished from a Roland dealer 6 months ago. Since i have not changed the captop.

Thinking things to check::

Busted damper ink building in the well and dripping - how would i check this? the first time roland techs came out, they changed the damper. (only 2 of the 4 though)

Slow top drainage - how would i check this?

Other issue - clean your pinch rollers to get better tracking - will do this and see if anything changes.

Great nozzle test - and should give you great prints

Dual CMYK - 6 months on the top - should be no problem there - make sure it is springy and little spring on the front

pinch roller is not your issue here just in your printing

thinking when tech changed dampers - may not have primed the damper seals and it is not sitting correctly on the head nipple causing ink to leak. If not that then one of the seals in the head is gone, but your nozzle test is not indicating any of that.

If it is under warranty then the dampers would be changed first or at least pulled and checked, then the head.

Thanks for the reply Irving

It is still under warranty but Roland is saying the head is not faulty and are not willing to replace so fighting them on that. Will see what happens and get them out again to check the dampers and the seals .

Show the picture of the ink dripping and the puddle on the platen. 

Sometimes if the damper is not primed the seal can be pushed into the damper causing the damper not to seat correctly, thus leaking into the damper well. Also a defective head seal.

RSS

© 2017   Created by Steven Jackson - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service