Here we go again....seems like I have run across this issue before but since it resolved itself I have no clue the cause.  Printing what should be a dark gray check plate pattern(have printed 90% of this wrap) and after changing the magenta printhead I now am getting a lighter gray with a pink cast.

Lines look air bubbles I can see. Dampers are full.

Nozzle check looks ok

Any suggestions as to a cause or fix?


Views: 43

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You did not post what you see so how do we know what we are trying to solve? and your black will give you overspray and misrep issues due to those wonky nozzles - may go unnoticed but they are there

I tried to get a pic of the color shift but it didn't show up to well(see attached). I'm thinking I might as well replace the other heads.


Maybe just the black and cyan, but I have seen worst go a lot longer. I do think looking at the center I see a slight waviness. So after replacing the heads - did you do the head adjustment - bias, horizontal, etc - check those - them being slightly off can cause your color shift

I give! Spent several hours making adjustments, running test prints and nozzle checks and still have the same results.

Maddening thing is every nozzle check with the black and cyan is different.....this was the last before it was time to walk away. It was taken on the machine so looks a little catty-wampus. All have some sort of drop out though.

Set up a test print of color blocks 100% black, mag, cyan and yellow and a few grays. The darker gray seems to have the pink cast but the lighter does not.

No matter what I do I'm still getting this color shift.......I can see in the pic that the stuff printed before the shift had some banding in the black.Haven't changed anything in the file, rip, media type, etc.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.......I have two piece left for this wrap that have to match or I'll be reprinting the whole thing.


hmmm....decided to put some cleaning fluid in the captops to check and magenta doesn't drain at all so that may the issue. Will post as soon as I check the line.

Did have a little clog in the y fitting but that didn't fix the color shift problem.

It almost looks like the black opacity got turned down. Using same ripped file that printed the darker version so nothing has changed there.

Spent another hour or so going checking lines, running tests. Odd the black only seems starved on grays. All med to dark grays have a pink cast and look as though the opacity has been turned from 100% to 50%.

I'm at a loss so I guess the next step is to replace the rest of the heads.


© 2018   Created by Steven Jackson - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service