I just moved my SP300V and computer to a new location and set it up.  When I go to choose a media profile there are only 3 listed Generic I, II, and III.  When I try to add a media profile I can only find the CAD-COLOR profiles.  Where did my GCVP, and MCVP go?

I can find tons of .ICC profiles located at - Program file(X86)/Versaworks/... , but where do I find the .RML files?

Tags: Versaworks, media, profiles

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Greg, look under Media, Media Explorer and make sure they are there. If they are make sure they are selected for use by clicking on the left hand box ( icon will appear.) If they are not there you will need to reinstall.

Butch - The only profiles listed in media explorer are generic I, II, and III.  When you say to reinstall, are you referring to reinstalling versaworks?  Also, I won't have internet access at the new location until Monday, I know versaworks needs to go online for the updates, is there any other reason lack of Internet could cause a problem?

Greg, its been so long since my install of VW that I can't remember the profiles that were loaded  before updates. There weren't many until the profile updates. Are you using the same pc?   If so I don't know why you would have lost the profiles. 

Butch - yes, I'm using the same computer.  I thought I could simply plug everything back in and all would fine.  I know how to load media profiles, but the only .rml files I can find on my computer are the CADCOLOR profiles that I received when I went to training at Steve's place.  I'm very confused about what has happened here.

Confusing to me also, I have several laptops that have VW on them with the profiles loaded into the VW program.  Never had a problem with the profiles not showing up. I sometimes design on the laptops , export to VW and just plug the laptop into the VC.

Something must have happened with your program or the program has reinitialized to default install.

Greg - can you give me a call? We can try to do a remote assist and I will see what is going on for you.

I am supposed to be getting Internet installed sometime today, is there a good time tomorrow morning I can call you?

I will be in all day tomorrow so call me when it is setup.

I hate to admit it, but user incompetence caused my error!  When re-installing the inks the SP300V asks for an ink type and I picked ECO SOL CMYK where i was supposed to pick ECO SOL MAX CMYK, guess I should have read all the options before choosing one.

A call to Roland tech support is how I learned of my error, they offered 2 solutions:
1) Do a pump-up, remove and reinstall the inks and select the correct ink type when prompted
2) Have a tech go through service mode to change the ink type

Thanks to all who helped on this one!
Greg

RSS

© 2014   Created by Steven Jackson - Admin.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service