All other colors working fine. I ran the "powerful" cleaning cycle several times and still no cyan. Any help to diagnose would be greatly appreciated!

Views: 139

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

From what I see you did not post enough information. If it is printing and then just stop, then what were the leading up to events. SP two heads shared. One side is printing, that leads to malfunctioning damper. Check that you do have ink. Check that there are no air leaks.

Thanks so much for the reply. Would you be so kind as to post photos of the parts you refer to? I've never taken this printer apart, so don't know what you're referring to. Thank you!

Randall

All your other colors are not fine. you have dropouts in all colors. Check dampers and ink as Irv said. Pour cleaning fluid in your captops  see how fast they drain.

If they don't drain quickly replace, check all drain lines for clogs and replace as needed.

The t connector at the captop lines and pump tube is another area to check.

Thanks so much for the reply. Would you be so kind as to post photos of the parts you refer to? I've never taken this printer apart, so don't know what you're referring to. Thank you!

If your not familiar with the location of parts your user manual will have some instructions about manual cleaning.

Replacing parts without true knowledge of your machines parts can be good way to mess the machine up.

There are pdfs online that show steps to replace captops but that's as far as I can take you.

Yes Randall, please contact a service tech.

You are way out of your head if you think you can fix that on your own with no knowledge about the machines anatomy. No offense, sir. 

You´ll save a great amount of money if you let an expert take a look on that one...

Best Regards.

Randall I received your request. If you are not familiar with the parts, I am reluctant to assist you further along this line. You can do more damage that already is done very easily. You are better using a tech and having them show you. I will follow your thread and ensure you are not given bad advice.

RSS

© 2018   Created by Steven Jackson - Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service